My interest in the health field commenced in 2003 with studies in Medical Science at the University of Wollongong. Not long after completing my degree, I felt drawn to emergency service work in the NSW Police.
Following a diagnosis of PTSD and major depression; along with psychotherapy sessions; I explored a variety of bodywork and holistic bodymind therapy modalities which I found boosted my mental, emotional, physical and spiritual well-being in a unique way. I was offered new perspectives and the combination of modalities I chose brought a sense of relief and reassurance to my experiences.
My interest in the health field was reignited and I have since taken training in a number of modalities to build a new career specialising in bodymind focused therapy.
WHY I DO WHAT I DO
To have the opportunity to facilitate my clients' ability to connect with themselves at a deeper level through their body, and to guide an improvement in their ability to engage in and interact with life after being compromised through feelings of restriction or pain, or mental ill-health such as anxiety / depression is a big reason behind my why.
I enjoy being with and getting to know my clients as they allow a relaxation of previously held tension and are able to allow a freeing of movement and expansion of space within the body, often bringing with it new information, realised strengths and resources from their pain and experiences.
QUALIFICATIONS + CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Diploma of Remedial Massage
- Certified Psychosomatic Therapy Practitioner
- Coaching with the Enneagram 1.0 Certification Program
- Anatomy Trains Structural / Postural Integration (Structural Essentials Intensive)
- Ortho-Bionomy Fundamentals / Phase 4 Certification
- Chapman's Reflexes / Neuro-Lymphatic Points Training
- Diploma of Integrated Somatic Psychotherapy
- Structural Integration Professional Training Certification